F.X.Buckley Steakhouses and Bars

1660

The first record of a Buckley’s butchers in Dublin.

1793

A shop in Bull Alley, beside St. Patrick’s Cathedral, is owned by the Buckley butcher’s family.

1900

John Buckley, father of Francis Xavier Buckley, owns a number of butcher shops located across Dublin city centre.

1922

Buckley’s butchers becomes immortalized in print, with two mentions in James Joyce’s masterpiece, Ulysses.

1930

The very first “F.X. Buckley” branded shop opens in Moore Street, Dublin. Francis Xavier Buckley goes on to open a number of butcher’s shops across the city.

1987

The first F.X. Buckley Steakhouse is opened in Pembroke Street.

2000

F.X. Buckley, Crow Street is opened in Temple Bar.

2002

The Bull & Castle is opened in Christchurch, evolving over the years into the Bull & Castle Steakhouse downstairs and The Bull & Castle Bar upstairs.

2004

F.X. Buckley takes proud ownership of Ryan’s of Parkgate Street, a landmark Victorian pub with a F.X. Buckley steakhouse upstairs.

2013-2015

F.X. Buckley carries out a process of re-branding and brand development.

2016

F.X. Buckley acquires a new premises and opens a brand new Steakhouse in Monkstown, County Dublin.

2017  - 2018

No. 2 Pembroke Street is acquired and redeveloped for a bar extension on ground floor and offices upstairs.

 

2018

Xavier's, a pre and after dinner drinks bar opens for business

Providing meat par excellence continues to be the cornerstone of the family's business today.